5 Small Improvements
For the past few months I have wanted to make some changes in my life so I have been giving it some thought and I have decided to attempt the following for at least 30 days to see how I feel. Some of these changes may continue past the 30 day mark but let’s see how it goes.
1. EXERCISE DAILY – I exercise 2-3 times a week on a regular basis but for the next 30 days I have to make myself do some form of exercise EVERYDAY whether it be a yoga or pilates class, ride my bike for at least 30 mins, hit the gym, run, speed walk or some tennis. I also intend to make this a positive experience and actually enjoy my workout without complaining.
2. EAT HEALTHY – I usually eat pretty healthy but for the next 30 days I am going to promise my body that I will be very conscious about EVERYTHING I put into it…..no more sneaky french fries, sweets or refined sugars, instead opt for all healthy options, more vegetables, drink lots of water and no alcohol.
3. LESS STRESS – My mind is always racing quicker than my heart beat, so for the next 30 days I am going to try to slow down a little more, breathe and listen more – I want to try to enjoy my surroundings more and spend more time with people who love and care about me without always sounding in a rush. Call my friends and give them more of my time whether on the telephone or meeting up for a herbal tea and a chat. I intend to have more relaxing baths, listen to more meditation music and try to unwind.
4. DE CLUTTER – I have too much stuff!! Too many makeup products, shoes, hats, clothes etc and I need to start getting rid of some stuff either by giving it away or giving it to goodwill, don’t know where to start in my apartment but for the next 30 days I will give something nice to a person everyday. I then intend to go through each room and start clearing out. The idea of living a more simplified uncluttered life really appeals to me and I also must work on being more organized.
5. LAUGH MORE – Sometimes I think I may take life too serious. I think I used to laugh more, like really belly laugh….to the point where my tummy would hurt. I need to do some more fun things in my life. I spent two weeks last month with my two nieces who were over from Ireland and we laughed everyday… they brought me so much joy.
I will get back to you in 30 days and let you know how it goes, wish me luck 🙂