Uses of Lavender Essential Oil
After returning back to New York after a wonderful vacation, I have realized that it is so important to make time for myself and my well being. France inspired me to start using Lavender essential oil in my daily routine.
Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils and personally has always been one of my favorites – known to aid in a good night’s sleep, calm and promote restfulness.
My top five suggestions on how to use Lavender:
1. Add a drop or two onto a tissue and tuck into your pillowcase to promote a restful sleep and help with relaxation. I also like to listen to meditation music to help me sleep deeper and without distraction.
2. Apply a drop or two to your temples and massage onto the back of your neck to aid with migraines and headaches.
3. Apply Lavender topically on your wrists or over your heart before situations that can induce anxiety or even to encourage a smooth day.
4. Mix a few drops of Lavender into some Epsom salts and add to your bath to aid with high levels of stress and to unwind after a long hard day at the office.
5. Add a few drops of Lavender to your diffuser to provide a clean and fresh scent into your home.
When choosing the right essential oil, it’s important to choose 100% pure essential oils for the safest and most effective health benefits. Only certified pure therapeutic grade oils should be taken internally or used neat on the skin. Always dilute essential oils with carrier oil if applying topically to children.
Essential oils are a great way to improve your health easily and quickly. Pure Spa & Salon is offering a wonderful Lavender massage in the month of September with a lavender foot scrub upgrade at a discounted rate if you would like to experience the benefits first hand.